The New York Sightseeing Pass is the most popular sightseeing pass for NYC. With it you can visit 90+ attractions, choosing these as you go meaning that you can forget about the stress of sightseeing, and explore NYC at your own leisure. It’s a great alternative to the New York Pass and the Go New York Explorer Pass.
What is the New York Sightseeing Pass?
- The NYC Sightseeing Pass is like every other classic New York Sightseeing Pass. You pay for the number of days which you would like to use the pass for and can during this time visit an unlimited amount of attractions.
- The Sightseeing FLEX Pass is sold by the number of attractions you want to visit (Choose between 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, or 12 NYC attractions). You then have 30 days to visit the attractions you purchased.
Pros and Cons of the New York Sightseeing Pass
- FREE: A free voucher for $40 is included with the purchase of every pass. With this, you can visit an additional attraction that is otherwise not included in the NYC Sightseeing Pass.
- Flexibility: You do not have to decide on the attractions you want to visit beforehand. This means that you can change your mind once you are in NYC without any issues.
- Choice: You have a choice between 90+ attractions and tours. All of the most popular NYC attractions are included.
- Popular: The popular Hop-On Hop-Off bus tours are included in the pass. (72-hour ticket for the NY Sightseeing FLEX Pass and for the Duration of the NY Sightseeing Day Pass)
- Mobile Ticket: Save time by printing your ticket at home or saving it on your smartphone. This way you do not need to go collect it anywhere in NYC.
- Price: The cost/benefit ratio is great. The Sightseeing Pass NYC saves you a lot of money while providing you with a lot of flexibility.
- You need to decide beforehand whether you want to visit all of your attractions on consecutive days or whether you want to visit less over a longer period of time.
- If you don’t visit all of the attractions you purchased for the Sightseeing FLEX Pass or skip a day with the New York Sightseeing Day Pass you will not reap all the money-saving benefits of the Pass.
For those who want to do their sightseeing on non-consecutive days
For those who want to see a lot in a short amount of time and use the hop-on hop-off buses for the duration of the pass
Rating of other customers
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 10 days
up to 20% off with code: "LNYOFFER"
up to 20% off with code: "LNYOFFER"
Free Guide Book
New York Sightseeing Pass vs New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass
Both of the passes include many of the popular NYC sightseeing cruises, the Gray Line Sightseeing New York Bus Tours, as well as many other Manhattan Sightseeing options. The only difference between them is what type of sightseeing schedule you prefer.
Your Sightseeing Preferences
Check below which type of schedule suits you more, do you prefer non-consecutive sightseeing days with fewer activities each day or do you prefer to see everything in a few days?
Once you have decided if you prefer type 1 or type 2, you know whether the New York Sightseeing Pass or the NY Sightseeing Flex Pass suits you most. As they are both otherwise identical this is the most important question picking between the two.
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
Another difference between the New York Sightseeing Day Pass and the NYC Sightseeing Flex Pass is the length you can use the included Hop-On Hop-Off Bus. With the Sightseeing Day Pass you can use the bus every day for which you have purchased the pass for, meaning that if you have a 4-day pass, you can use the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus for 4 days. If you purchased the NYC Sightseeing Flex Pass, however, you can use one of your attractions for a 72-hour ticket only.
In our experience, however, this is actually plenty. Many people believe they need a longer Hop-On Hop-Off Bus tour pass so that they can use it as their main way of getting from A-B but we recommend against this. The Sightseeing Bus is much slower than the subway. We recommend taking the Uptown & Downtown Bus tours towards the start of your trip to gain an impression of NYC and then use public transportation to get around much quicker and more efficiently.
How much does the New York Sightseeing Pass Cost?
Check the prices of the NYC Sightseeing Flex and Day Passes below. The NYC Sightseeing Flex Pass is currently the pass with the best value for money, due to its initial price point as well as an additional discount of up to 20% off you get when you use our code. Apply “LNYOFFER” at checkout, for up to 20% off your NYC Sightseeing Passes.
2 attractions Sightseeing Pass = $69
1 day Pass = $139
3 attractions Sightseeing Pass = $95
2 day Pass = $189
4 attractions Sightseeing Pass = $119
3 day Pass =
5 attractions Sightseeing Pass = $139
4 day Pass =
6 attractions Sightseeing Pass =
5 day Pass =
7 attractions Sightseeing Pass = $179
6 day Pass =
10 attractions Sightseeing Pass =
7 day Pass =
12 attractions Sightseeing Pass =
10 day Pass =
FAQ about the NYC Sightseeing Pass
How can I use my Sightseeing Pass for the Empire State Building?
If you purchased a NYC Sightseeing Day Pass, you will receive a $40 voucher by email. You can, in turn, use this for a variety of attractions and tours that are not included in the pass. The Empire State Building is no longer included. This means that, unfortunately, you will not be able to visit the Empire State Building using the Sightseeing Pass.
IS THE NEW YORK SIGHTSEEING PASS WORTH IT?
Purchasing a NYC Sightseeing Pass is a great idea if you are looking to stay flexible during your trip to New York, as well as save money along the way. The New York Sightseeing Pass is one of the best sightseeing pass options due to its price and the many popular attractions and tours included. If you visit all of the attractions you have purchased with your pass or visit an attraction each day you purchased the pass for, the NYC Sightseeing Pass is worth it alone for the amount of money you can save.
HOW TO USE THE NYC SIGHTSEEING PASS?
The NYC Sightseeing Passes are very easy to use. Once you have purchased the pass you will receive an email with a QR code (that you can either print or save to your phone), which you can then scan at attractions to gain free entry. It’s that easy! For the Sightseeing Flex Pass, you can then continue to visit attractions until all of your purchased options are up, in the case of the Sightseeing Day Pass you can keep going and visit as many attractions as you like until your time is up.
NYC Sightseeing Pass List of Attractions
Check out the list of attractions included in the NYC Sightseeing Pass below. Alternatively, you can check their website here, for a full explanation of each attraction as well as address and opening times.
- One World Observatory
- Top of the Rock – Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center
- 9/11 Memorial Museum
- Gray Line CitySightseeing Hop-On, Hop-Off Bus Tour (Uptown, Downtown, Brooklyn & Night Tour)
- Madame Tussauds New York
- 9/11 Tribute Musem
- American Museum of Natural History
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- El Museo del Barrio
- Fraunces Tavern Museum
- Gulliver’s Gate
- International Center of Photography
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- MoMA PS1
- Museum at Eldridge Street
- Museum of American Finance
- Museum of Jewish Heritage
- Museum of the City of New York
- National Geographic Encounter – Ocean Odyssey
- National Lighthouse Museum
- New York Historical Society Museum and Library
- Guggenheim Museum
- Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Staten Island Museum
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- The Chocolate Museum & Experience with Jaques Torres
- The Met Breuer
- The Met Cloisters
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Whitney Museum of American Art
Bike Tours & Rental
- Bike and Roll – Inside Central Park Tour
- Bike Rent NYC – Brooklyn Bridge Bike Rental
- Bike Rent NYC – Brooklyn Bridge Bike Tour
- Bike Rent NYC – Central Park Bike Rental
- Bike Rent NYC – Central Park Bike Tour
Walking & Bus Tours
- Brooklyn Unplugged – Best of Brooklyn Walking Tour
- Brooklyn Unplugged – Graffiti & Street Art Walking Tour of Brooklyn
- Food on Foot Tours – East Village Variety Food Tour
- Food on Foot Tours – Go West Food Tour
- Food on Foot Tours – Midtown Mix Food Tour
- Food on Foot Tours – Midtown Winter Food Tour
- Grand Central Terminal Audio Tour
- Gray Line CitySightseeing Best of Manhattan Experience
- Inside Out Tours – Bronx’s Little Italy & Arthur Avenue Tour
- Inside Out Tours – NYC Slavery and Underground Railroad Tour
- Macy’s Historical Tour
- Madison Square Garden All Access Tour
- NewYorkTour1 – Greenwich Village Walking Tour
- NewYorkTour1 – Inside Broadway Walking Tour
- NewYorkTour1 – Lower Manhattan Walking Tour
- NewYorkTour1 – High Line and Chelsea Walking Tour
- NewYorkTour1 – SoHo and Little Italy Walking Tour
- On Location Tours – Central Park TV and Movie Sites Tour
- On Location Tours – When Harry met Seinfeld Bus Tour
- Radio City Music Hall Stage Door Tour
- The Ride
- The Tour
- Tour Central Park – Central Park Walking Tour
- Urban Oyster Tours – Hamilton Happy Hour Tour
- Wall Street Walks – Secrets of Downtown Walking Tour
- Wall Street Walks – Wall Street Walking Tour
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Bronx Zoo
- Brooklyn Unplugged – Street Art Workshop
- Central Park Zoo (only with Sightseeing Pass NYC)
- Go Airline airport shuttle – LaGuardia, JFK, or Newark
- Ground Zero Museum Workshop
- LOL Times Square Comedy Club
- LOL Times Square Magic
- Luna Park 24 ride wristband
- New York Botanical Garden
- Riddle Me Out – Escape Rooms
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not
- Snug Harbour Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
- The Downtown Experience
- TimeLooper – Virtual Reality Experience
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets (no reservation needed)
- CitySightseeing New York Hop-On Hop-Off Ferry Tour
- Manhattan By Sail – Clipper City Daytime Statue Sail
- Manhattan By Sail – Clipper City Jazz Cruise
- Manhattan by Sail – Craft Beer Tasting Sail aboard Clipper City
- Manhattan By Sail – Shearwater Daytime Statue Sail
- Hornblower Cruises – Alive After Five