Add this and other places to your personal travel plan. We will then help you with further suitable suggestions: free of charge and straightaway!
Shopping in New York City can be both exciting and overwhelming. With an abundance amount of stores, it can be pretty difficult to pick out which ones you’d like to shop in.
You'll also love this:
Also, each neighborhood and area will determine what kind of stores there are. So you’re probably asking yourself, “where can I shop in Manhattan?” The most common places to shop are 5th Avenue in Midtown and SoHo. Right after breakfast, you can make your way towards SoHo to check out the shopping scene.
Also, top shops in New York City are located in SoHo. People can shop at more affordable stores such as H&M, Zara and Uniqlo to more expensive ones such as Off-White, Louis Vuitton and Gucci. In this guide, we’ll provide you with a list of 22 SoHo stores that we love.
What Time Do Shops Open in SoHo?
The majority of the shops in SoHo open at 10AM, Monday-Friday. On Sundays, they open at 11AM. Not all of them follow the schedule, but a good amount of them do. We also recommend going in the morning because SoHo is usually pretty busy and can get hectic.
🥇 Look no further: That‘s the only New York Travel Guide you need 2021/22 (300+ pages and 600+ reviews on Amazon)
This is our COMPLETE GUIDE that includes 25+ neighborhood guides for every part of the city with New York’s newest attractions like SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, Edge Hudson Yards & Little Island, our best-of lists, budget tips and the best things to do and see!
Our Travel Guide is also available at
What Stop is SoHo?
There are many subways that lead to SoHo. Here is a list of subways stops in SoHo.
- C E – Spring St.
- B DFM – Broadway-Lafayette
- R W – Prince St. and Canal St.
- J QN– Canal St.
- 6 – Bleecker St. and Canal St.
Affordable and Cheap Stores in SoHo
Let’s be real. SoHo shopping can really affect your wallet. If you want to ball on a budget, then we recommend these stores below while shopping in SoHo.
- Uniqlo – This store has been making a buzz these past few years and for good reason. Not only is their clothing affordable, but the quality of their product is exceptional. We think it’s the best place to get basics. Their clothes are minimal and versatile which is a plus. Also, they collaborate with well-known designers from time to time such as Alexander Wang and JW Anderson. (Address: 546 Broadway, New York, NY 10012)
- Muji – It has a similar feel to Uniqlo and can be found in major cities. Muji has some really affordable furniture and bathroom necessities. It’s modern, clean and they have a minimalist look to their products. On top of that, they have clothing for women and men as well. (Address: 455 Broadway, New York, NY 10013)
- Everlane – Another great store to grab essential pieces such as t-shirts, button-downs and denim, then head over to Everlane. They’re known to source exceptional fabric without the high prices that come with designer pieces. Another point to consider is that Everlane doesn’t follow trends and only make classic pieces that will last. (28 Prince St, New York, NY 10012)
Looking for a guided tour in Soho? Check out our recommendations:
Our Favorite Sports Stores in SoHo
If you’re looking for performance wear whether it’s for the gym or so you can just have more range of motion when you walk around NYC, then it’s best to check out these sports stores in SoHo.
- Nike SoHo – Everyone is familiar with the Swoosh logo. Here, you can find your lifestyle items as well as sportswear and performance items. It’s a pretty big space and has multiple floors to shop from. (Address: 529 Broadway, New York, NY 10012)
- NikeLab 21 Mercer – A little bit further down the block from Nike SoHo is their NikeLab store at 21 Mercer Street. The difference with this store from Nike SoHo is the collection. You’ll find more streetwear-inspired pieces along with their major collaborations with prominent designers. Prices here can be a little expensive depending on the item you’re purchasing, so be prepared to put a dent in your wallet. (Address: 21 Mercer St, New York, NY 10013)
- Adidas SoHo – Another brand that people are familiar with is the “Brand with the Three Stripes.” Adidas has been making a push these past few years and has been doing a great job. You’ll find a wide range of their collection at this store. (Address: 610 Broadway, New York, NY 10012)
- Adidas Originals – This is Adidas’ lifestyle brand. Adidas Originals is located on Spring Street and the store is specifically for their lifestyle collection. This is where you’ll find collaboration pieces such as Alexander Wang and Mountain Engineering. If you want a pair of Yeezy’s this would be the store to go to. Just be prepared to fall in long lines. (115 Spring St, New York, NY 10012)
- REI – If you’re an outdoors type of person, then this store is for you. REI carries brands such as The North Face, Patagonia and Columbia. It’s a great place to buy camping gear or if you’re trying to manage the cold in NYC, you should come here to see their collection of winter coats. (Address: 303 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012)
The Best Boutiques in SoHo
Boutiques in SoHo are awesome because these stores carry different brands and are purposefully curated to satisfy their target market. Also, they could potentially have better deals than larger department stores and could carry brands that are difficult to find. These are our favorites.
- Totokaelo – It’s not the most affordable store in SoHo, but they do run some pretty great deals here and the curated brands are top notch. You can find brands such as Asics all the way to Yohji Yamamoto. There are selections for women and men and you can shop from accessories, apparel and footwear. (Address: 61 Crosby St, New York, NY 10012)
- American Two Shot – Do you want to buy awesome clothes in SoHo? Do you want some coffee as well? Then go here. According to their site, it’s a lifestyle boutique in SoHo and provides customers with unique wares and clothing from some of the best designers right now. Also, there’s a coffee stand in the store for your convenience. (135 Grand St, New York, NY 10013)
- Flying Solo – This store is unique in a way that it is owned and operated by local and independent designers. This number is continuing to climb. Being the fashion industry is tough and finding an outlet to sell to customers is even harder. That’s why Flying Solo was created. It provides a platform for designers to sell their work. (434 W Broadway, New York, NY 10012)
Our Favorite Men’s Stores in SoHo
Shopping in SoHo can definitely be overwhelming due to the amount of stores. Typically, men don’t like to go spend their money on clothing and it’s usually their significant other that does that for them. It’s also a little bit more difficult finding clothes for men that isn’t too simple or boring. These are some of our favorite stores in SoHo that have a nice collection for men.
- J. Crew Men’s Shop SoHo – The J. Crew Men’s shop carries everything you’ll need from shoes, suits to casual clothing. Their clothing fits are usually up-to-date and the style is very versatile. They usually have a great collection and you really can’t go wrong here. (484 Broadway, New York, NY 10013)
- Aime Leon Dore – Ok, so this is located right on the border of NoLita and SoHo but it’s in the area so we’ll make an exception. Aime Leon Dore has some really stylish pieces but also has a classic feel to them. The quality of their fabric is exceptional as well. It’s a brand that’s continuing to gain popularity. Be prepared to spend some money here, but it’s well worth it. Oh, there’s a cafe as well. (Address: 214 Mulberry St, New York, NY 10012)
- Saturdays NYC – It’s a surf shop that serves coffee but also has some really great men’s pieces. The silhouettes and cuts on the clothes are great and the price point isn’t too bad. We would compare the prices to J. Crew. Also, on a nice beautiful day (or a cold snowy day, depends on what you think is nice), the back of the store has outdoor seating so you can enjoy the weather. (Address: 31 Crosby St, New York, NY 10013)
- Blue in Green – This SoHo boutique carries casual menswear pieces. Most of the products in the store are from Japanese brands. They also carry custom-made jeans where the quality is impeccable. Clothing sold here ranges from your basic T’s, hoodies, to knits and outerwear. Aside from clothing, they also sell vinyl records and music. If you’re in the area, definitely drop-by and even grab yourself a cup of coffee in their in-store coffee counter. (8 Greene St, New York, NY 10013)
High-End Designer Shopping in SoHo
Designer shopping in SoHo is easy because everything is here. It’s the reason why people shop in SoHo because you have access to so many designer stores. We love a lot of designer products, but we’ll keep this very limited. We’re going to keep Louis Vuitton in SoHo and Gucci in SoHo out of this list just because that’s most likely a given. With that being said, these are our favorite high-end designer stores in SoHo.
- Moncler SoHo – They’re known for their winter coats and amazing quality. You’ll see a lot of people wearing their down coats especially during freezing temperatures. They have been making a name for themselves in the fashion world for quite some time now. You’ve probably seen those puffer pants that some people have been wearing. That’s from Moncler in collaboration with the designer, Craig Green. Definitely check out their store if you’re budget allows it. (99 Prince St, New York, NY 10012) P.S. – For an alternative, check out Canada Goose in SoHo as well.
- Balenciaga SoHo – Do you remember those sock looking like sneakers or those really chunky sneakers? Those shoes are from Balenciaga. They seem to always set the trend when it comes to footwear, but they’re more than that. They sell a variety of clothing and it’s worth checking out their store in SoHo. (Address: 149 Mercer St, New York, NY 10012)
- ACNE Studios – Clean cuts, nice silhouettes and beautiful fabrics. The best part about all of this is that, even though it is still quite expensive, it’s not as expensive as other luxury brands. You can find everything here from sneakers to outerwear. (Address: 33 Greene St, New York, NY 10013)
- Alexander Wang – This designer is big with celebrities and has had some of the biggest fashion shows. His products attracts big names and his clothing has a unique style. If you love the color black, then this is a store you should check out in SoHo. He’s one of the most influential designers in the fashion industry today. (Address: 103 Grand St, New York, NY 10013)
Hype, Trendy and Hip Stores in SoHo
SoHo is probably the trendiest neighborhood in NYC. You’ll see some of the most “hyped” up items here and they’re most likely the most sought after items in the world. Whenever a product with a lot of popular backing is about to release, waves of people will line up in front these stores to purchase that item or collection. There’s been times where a product will sell out in minutes. 90 percent of the time, those products will not be restocked which adds to its value. With that being said, these are the most hyped up stores in SoHo.
- KITH SoHo – Founded by Ronnie Fig, KITH has had some of the most sought after collaborations in the fashion industry. KITH has collaborated with Nike, Columbia, Heron Preston and we could keep going on. They have a cult like following and even have their own ice cream bar called KITH Treats. They’re making noise and it seems like there’s no end in sight. (Address: 337 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012)
- Opening Ceremony (CLOSED) – Just like KITH, Opening Ceremony is a store and a brand itself. Opening Ceremony has unique curated items. They carry pieces that are geared towards more fashionable consumers so their product might not be for everyone. It’s curated beautifully and if you’re into one of a kind pieces then this store is for you. (Address: 35 Howard St, New York, NY 10013)
- Supreme – Oh, Supreme. The brand originated in SoHo and is pretty much the cult brand that hypebeasts line up for. They started doing collaborations with other brands way back in the day and they never repeat collections. This makes them highly sought after by fashion heads. There’s always long lines, especially on days where a new collection will come out. Also, be ready to fall in line and not be able to get anything you want. It’s that serious. (Address: 190 Bowery, New York, NY 10012)
Honorable Mention: Apple SoHo
We realize people go to SoHo because of the clothing stores, but make sure to definitely check out the Apple Store in SoHo. Is your iPhone battery dying? Then come here to charge it real quick.
Well, there you have it. 22 stores in SoHo (plus Apple SoHo) that we recommend where you can shop. Tell us your favorite stores in the comment section below!
🔥 Brand new! 🔥 Check out our Loving New York Shop with our travel guides (including our Amazon bestseller with 600+ reviews). With them, you'll be perfectly prepared for your New York trip!
You'll also love this:
I'm a true New York fan! Not only have I visited the city over 20 times but also have I spent several months here at a time. On this blog, I want to share everything I have learned and discovered, so you can have the best time in the greatest city in the world. By the way: Did you like my article? Then think about becoming a supporter of us on Patreon!