Add this and other places to your personal travel plan. We will then help you with further suitable suggestions: free of charge and straightaway!
Poster House, a neighborhood poster museum in New York, presents the impact, culture, and design of posters as historical documents and methods of contemporary visual communication. It was founded in 2015 with an eye towards filling a long-acknowledged gap in the New York cultural landscape.
You'll also love this:
Poster House is an affiliate member of the International Vintage Poster Dealers Association (IVPDA). It’s the first museum in the United States dedicated exclusively to posters. The museum explores everything from avant-garde design to changing societal norms, and all the fads and fashions over the last 160 years. Poster House recognizes the art and social impact of posters overlooked by existing institutions.
Note: All museum visitors 5 and older must show proof that they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
What makes Poster House in NYC so special?
Poster House is an ambitious, forward-thinking institution with an amazing story to tell. It brings special events in an engaging, interactive, educational and fun way.
The special projects of Poster House are:
- Chinatown Stories: A video series in which individual restaurant and business owners of New York’s Chinatown speak movingly of the personal toll wrought by the virus on Chinatown’s heart and soul.
- Nycxdesign Fundraiser: A citywide poster campaign to create a bold collection of custom posters expressing love for NYC.
- College Night 2020/2021: It aims to provide real resources to students who are interested in pursuing careers in art, design, and museums.
- Posters In Protest: Spans the subjects of Women’s Rights, Climate Change, Immigration, LGBTQ+ Issues, and BlackLivesMatter.
- Poster Workshop: An ongoing series of online poster design workshops.
- Online College Night: Hosts an online series of events for college and graduate students to explore opportunities in the worlds of art, design, and museums.
- Make Your Own Museum: At-home activity for elementary schoolers and their families.
Exhibitions at Poster House Art Museum NYC
Where is the Poster House NYC located?
The Poster House is just one block from Madison Square Park, the Flatiron Building and Fifth Avenue. The address is 119 W 23rd St (between 6th and 7th Avenues).
What can you do after visiting the Poster House?
If you want to check out more museums, I recommend the Rubin Museum of Art, which is six blocks south. Or you can check out the Museum at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology), which is less than a 10 minute walk away.
If you want to eat or drink something, you should definitely go to the EATALY Food Market at Flatiron or The Smith. There are also really great bars: I like the Slate NY, the Smithfield Hall NYC and the 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar.
You'll also love this:
I'm a true New York fan! Not only have I visited the city over 25 times but also have I spent several months here at a time. On my blog I show you the best and most beautiful spots of the city, so that you have a really good time! You can also find lots of insider tips in our New York travel guide. Also check out my hotel finder for New York!