Are you a bargain hunter? Hopefully, you have saved enough room in your suitcase for all the purchases you will be making at the outlets in NYC. Whether it’s Woodbury Common or Jersey Gardens, we’ve been there and can tell you all about the best outlets in New York.
Want more shopping in New York? Check out:
Our favorite outlets in NYC
New York is a shopping paradise. From the designer boutiques on Fifth Avenue, the hottest shops in SoHo to the hip second-hand shops in Williamsburg, you can easily shop your way through the entire city. Although the city offers you plenty of shops and malls, you will need to leave Manhattan if you want to snag the best shopping deals. The best way to do so is by visiting one of the many outlets in NYC and the surrounding area.
At the shopping outlets in NYC, you’ll not only find a lot of trendy shops in one place but also significant discounts on designer clothes and your favorite brands. We have visited all the outlets in the area and are excited to share the best outlets in NYC for guaranteed bargains with you!
There are four major outlets in New York that can be reached from Manhattan within 2 hours or less: Woodbury Common Premium Outlet, The Mills at Jersey Gardens Outlet, Empire Outlets and Tanger Outlets.
1. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
About a 1-hour ride from Manhattan you will find the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. Counting more than 220 stores, this outlet in Central Valley is not only one of the most beautiful and largest outlets in New York but in the whole world! Instead of the layout of a regular shopping mall, Woodbury Outlet is designed like a small village where one cute little house borders another. Bargains are waiting for you behind each of those doors!
Get the VIP coupon book at the information desk!
At the Woodbury Common Outlets, every label is represented with its own store. Brands like Burberry, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Polo Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein as well as Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Ugg Boots, Hunter and Timberland sell their fashion at low prices here.
- largest selection of shops
- beautiful scenery
- free transfer with New York Pass, Explorer Pass and Sightseeing Pass
How to get to the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
1. From the Port Authority Bus Terminal, take a bus operated by either ShortLine or Coach USA to the Woodbury Common Outlet and back.
2. If you want to save yourself the hustle that dominates Port Authority, you can also reserve seats on a direct shuttle from NYC to Woodbury. It departs on a regular schedule and departs from NYC Hotel on 45th Street (Midtown Manhattan).
2. The Mills at Jersey Gardens
The Jersey Gardens Outlet is one of the most popular outlets near New York. With over 200 stores, Jersey Gardens boasts many well-known brands and great designers, including sportswear from Nike, Under Amour & Adidas, labels such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Victoria’s Secret and an outlet of the fashion department store Saks Fifth Avenue. In addition to clothing, you can find jewelry, electronics, toys from Disney, Lego and Toys “R” Us as well as an AMC movie theater to round up the shopping experience.
- no sales tax
- flexible times
Since the outlet is located in New Jersey, you don’t have to pay VAT, saving you another 9% compared to purchases made in New York.
How to get to the Jersey Gardens Outlet
2. Instead of taking the bus, you can also book a luxury shuttle that will take you comfortably from your hotel in Manhattan to The Mills at the Jersey Gardens Outlet. You’ll have 7 hours to shop before your driver will take you back to your hotel.
3. Empire Outlets in NYC
Until May 2019, you had to leave the city as far as outlets in NYC were concerned. Now, you can also satisfy your shopping needs in New York’s often overlooked borough Staten Island. The best part? You can reach the Empire Outlets comfortably and free of charge in only 25 minutes.
More than 100 stores have moved into the Empire Outlets, including popular brands like Nike, Levis, Guess, Converse, Banana Republic, H&M, GAP, True Religion and many more stores of every price segment. Of course, the selection of restaurants is just as big. Hungry shoppers can enjoy Shake Shack, Wasabi, Wetzels Pretzels and, of course, Starbucks at Empire Outlets.
- nearest outlet
- free transport
- flexible times
How to get to the Empire Outlets on Staten Island
The best and easiest way to get to the Empire Outlets is to take the free Staten Island Ferry. You’ll be there in just about 25 minutes and can tick off a wonderful boat ride from your bucket list afterward, too. It even passes the Statue of Liberty!
4. Tanger Outlets in New York
Also located in New York, on Long Island, are two Tangier Outlets: the Riverhead and Deer Park Outlets. If you want to come here, it makes sense to combine your shopping spree with a trip to Long Island and the infamous Hamptons. During the summer, you can also spend some quality time on the beautiful beaches.
Both outlets house popular brand manufacturers: Nike, Boss, Victoria’s Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, Puma, Diesel, Levis, Lacoste, UGG, Michael Kors, and many more.
- close to the beach
- beautiful scenery
How to get to the Tanger Outlets
1. The easiest way to get to the Tanger Outlets is to rent a car, especially if you want to explore the Hamptons anyway.
- Riverhead Outlets: 200 Tangier Mall Drive, Riverhead, NY 11901
- Deer Park Outlets: Address: 152 The Arches Circle, Deer Park, NY 11729
2. If you don’t have a rental car, you can take the LIRR Train to Deer Park LIRR station. You can buy your tickets to the Tanger Deer Park directly at the counter or at the ticket machines (gray or blue). The ticket includes the ride on the LIRR train and a short shuttle ride to the Tanger Outlets.
3. To make the most of your trip, you can book a whole day tour to the Hamptons. The itinerary includes Meadow Lane, Cooper’s Beach, wine Tasting, Southampton, Sag Harbor and some time for shopping at the Tanger Outlets.
Which is the best outlet in NYC?
Now you know about all outlets in NYC and its greater area you can start your bargain hunt! What shopping outlet in New York pays off the most? When it comes to discounts, we can clearly say that it doesn’t really matter outlet you choose. All outlets in New York offer great deals and discounts on popular brands.
Yet, each of the outlets in New York offers a unique shopping experience. Which one you should go to depends on how much time you want to spend there, what stores you like to shop at and what you want to combine your shopping trip with.
We love the Woodbury Common Outlets!
That’s where we simply enjoy shopping the most because it offers not only the largest selection of stores and heavy discounts but also a beautiful backdrop. It’s the place to go for all the shopping queens and kings among you!
For those of you who don’t want to spend an entire day shopping, I recommend heading over to the Empire Outlets in Staten Island. The free 25-minute ride with the Staten Island Ferry makes getting to the outlet easy and is a great experience by itself.