New York City is a melting pot and is influenced by many cultures. You can find a lot of that influence in some of the street food here in NYC. Food trucks and food carts are everywhere and they’re convenient because they’re mobile and is accessible. These are some of our favorites and are considered as some of the best street food in NYC.
Some of the Best Street Food in NYC
- The Halal Guys (Multiple locations) – This food cart is infamous. They’re building their own empire and are now found everywhere in New York. They even have their own shop in the Philippines inside a mall. The original spot is located on 53rd Street and 6th Avenue. There’s usually a line that goes by quickly. With so many halal carts in the city, this is arguably the best one. The portions are always too much (in a good way) and their white sauce is untouchable.
- Fat Ni BBQ Cart (Flushing, Queens) – Don’t sleep on Flushing Chinatown in Queens. Some of the best restaurants are located there, yet not a lot of people (yes, I’m talking about you “foodies” out there) know about it. Fat Ni BBQ Cart is located on Prince Street and 39th Ave in Flushing. These guys know what they’re doing. They serve all kinds of meats and vegetables and you can smell their food from a distance. The best part is, they’re open late. Like, really late. Past midnight late.
- Wafels & Dinges (Multiple Locations) – Listen, if you want dessert, check out this food truck. You won’t regret it. They serve Belgian waffles on steroids. They have numerous toppings such as chocolate syrup, ice cream, fresh strawberries and so much more.
- Korilla BBQ (Mulitple Locations) – Infused cuisine is popular here in New York City and rightly so. This city is a melting pot and it only makes sense that different cuisines come together as one. Korilla BBQ takes Mexican and Korean cuisines and brings it together. And, it works. Ordering is fast as well. You can have a bowl, salad or a wrap. You finish it off by choosing your toppings and you’re done.
- Gorilla Cheese (Multiple Locations) – Take an American classic, such as the grilled cheese and upgrade it. For those who don’t know, grilled cheese is literally two slices of bread grilled with American cheese. It’s simple and satisfying. But, why not upgrade it. This is where Gorilla Cheese comes into play. They take your favorite childhood sandwich and boost it.
These are just some of the best street food in NYC. There’s many more, but we provided you with our favorites. We hope you enjoy them as well!