You had a blast at an event in NYC, it’s past 12AM, you don’t really want to go home just yet and you’re starving. Another scenario is you can’t go to sleep because well, you’re hungry. Or, you’re just really hungry at night for some reason. Luckily for you, you’re located in the “city that never sleeps”. There are food establishments that are open late, and we mean very late (or early, depending on how you look at it). You just have to know the right ones so you can get your quick fix. We’re here to give you our suggestions for the best late night food in NYC.
Our Top 5 Late Night Food in NYC
- Great NY Noodletown – This place will get your tastebuds flowing. Located right in the heart of Chinatown, this restaurant is lively late at night. Theres two things that are guaranteed here – a crowd and some great food for great prices. You can’t go wrong.
- Prince Street Pizza in SoHo – This pizzeria is a classic and closes at 2AM on Friday and Saturday nights. Their pizza’s are a must-have, especially their square pies. And just to give you a heads up, the place is tiny and only provide a few seats. It’s more of a “get in and get out” type of vibe, but it’s well worth it.
- Insomnia Cookies – These cookies have a lot of hype backing it up and they deliver. Insomnia Cookies closes at 3AM every night. This is great for the person with a sweet tooth.
- Katz Deli – Legendary would be the word to describe this deli. It opened up in 1888 and it’s been ringing in five stars ever since the five-star rating system started. We were kidding about that last part but we would believe it if it was true. It’s open all day and all night on Saturdays with various hours throughout the week.
- Empanada Mama – I mean, who doesn’t want empanadas at 3 in the morning? They have two locations in the city and both of them are open 24 hours. They have various empanadas ready to be consumed. You can find them in Hell’s Kitchen and LES.
These are just some of our favorite late night food in NYC. There are definitely more choices when it comes to your late night culinary fix.
Being a photographer and creative in general, New York City, I think is the perfect place to be. I moved to NYC from Boston in 2013 and never looked back. Loving New York has given me the opportunity to do what I love and share those images with you all.